Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Scary Little Moment

We had a scary little moment this weekend. We were at a Bears get-together on Sunday evening after the game and most everyone had gone home and us and a few others were still hanging out. I was holding Miley and had decided to go and take a seat next to Taylor on the patio and as I took my first step towards the patio I didn't see a cooler sitting on the ground as it was on my side that I was holding Miley and she was partially blocking my view- I tripped right over it and went straight down flat onto the cement patio slab all while holding Miley! My initial reaction was to hold Miley up so she wouldn't land underneath me and thank heavens she was wrapped in her blanket and that Taylor's feet were where they were because her head landed on his feet instead of cracking on the cement and she walked away without a single scratch- a bit shooken up and scared from the look of horror on my face but completely fine. I, on the other hand, walked away with some pretty good scrapes on my elbows and hand and wrist but I'll take that over having Miley's getting stiches or something worse.

All three of us had a pretty restless night on Sunday night- I was very shooken up over it and I think between the both of us we got up to check on Miley 5 times! Right before she went to sleep she thought me covering her up was the funniest thing in the world and laughed and laughed- almost as to say - I'm OK Mom, I still love you!- It's things like that that keep my faith still strong- Taylor said he had JUST moved his feet to where they were right before I fell, almost as if someone picked up his feet and placed them there to catch Miley. Someone is always watching out for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scary moment is right! Glad to hear everyone is ok!! Love, Jodi