Tuesday, June 24, 2008

All sorts of things.....

To start off- we have finally transitioned to the big bath tub! Miley is just too big for her little tub and that tub makes her lay back and she just wants to sit up. So here she is enjoying her first bath in the big girl tub!!

We have a pool table in our garage and Taylor asked me to come out and play with him- well- I let Miley take a turn and she thought it was the greatest thing to sit up there and roll around all the balls! One ALMOST made it into the pocket!!


I am SOOO into plaid lately!! Taylor has some, I have some and Miley has some! I think they are SOO cute!! We need to get a family picture in our plaid!


So, I've been pretty sporadic with Miley and trying food- every once in awhile I'll have her try something. This week I found in her room that we were given one of those neat little things where it looks like a giant paci and it opens up and you can put food in the little mesh net and they can suck the juices out so we thought we would stick a little piece of watermelon in there. She wasn't too fond of it at first but kept putting it in her mouth herself then kind of liked it and then had had enough! It was fun to watch her do it herself!


And then just the other night we put some banana in the food processor and had her try that- we got the same kind of reaction from her- not too sure of it at first, then kind of liked it and she sure let me know when she had had enough. So I guess we'll keep introducing things slowly but surely, I think I might try sweet potatoes or carrots this week.


This past weekend it was the Covered Bridge days in Zumbrota and the Stay's had everyone up at their house to watch the parade and grill out. Miley had a great time playing with Katherine.

She LOVED the parade! The bands were her favorite- and there were a TON of bands! Someone said 13!!! Flag girls and all! They were great!

And Ben's aunt rode a horse in the parade and when they had gone through they came back over to where we were and Ben brought Miley over to see the horses. She loves petting animals now and knew how to pet the horse all by herself, so darn cute!


I think our little play date gave Miley a little cold now too. It's ok Michelle- it was bound to happen sometime. She just has a snotty nose- it's not runny but snotty way up in there. She woke up screaming last night because she couldn't breath but screamed louder when I was using the bugger sucker- but we had no other choice- I slept with her for the rest of the night as she wanted her paci but couldn't breath with it and she doesn't need her paci if she sleeps with me so she did sleep good from midnight to 6:15 and then we sucked out a bunch more snot- totally gross but that is the only thing she has, no cough, no fever, just a snotty nose- so hopefully it will pass soon. Any tips or things I should do to help????

4 comments:

Shelly Pagel said...

Try saline nose drops-- sometimes that helps loosen the snot and it will suck out better.. learned that trick with Henry's last cold. Good luck

Michelle said...

I'm really sorry Mindi. I should have known better than to let Miley by Katherine. I wasn't sure if it was a cold or allergies, but I should have played it safe. I hope Miley feels better. Katherine's been coughing a lot in her sleep too. The nose drops help. And that's really all you can do for them.

TJ, Nora, Reese & Rowan Nordling said...

Do you have a humidifier?

Mindi Kay said...

Yes- I just got my humidifier all set up last night and I tried getting some nasal drops in town- but no one carried them for babies- so me and Miley are going shopping tonight to pick some up- hopefully she can kick this by the time the weekend is over!