Monday, June 09, 2008

Miley is 5 months old!!!

Lots has been going on lately!!

The most exciting news is that Miley can sit up all by herself now!! She does a GREAT job at it- she'll sit on the floor and play with her toys for a LONG time! It's so fun to put a bunch of toys around her and watch her play with them and to see her want a specific toy and watch her grab for it, it's cool to see her making decisions and problem solving to get what she wants! Here are some pictures of Miley sitting up all by herself!





Friday was Taylor's last day of school and since it was a half day me and Miley went to school with him so he could show her off to his students. She was soo good while we were there. Taylor had a staff pizza party to attend at the end of the half day and Miley was needing a nap so I loaded her in the car and drove over to get some Jimmy John's and ate it in the car while she napped and Taylor finished packing up and checking out for the year. Funny blonde moment: it was really windy out on Friday and it was blowing sand all over and Miley needed her diaper changed when we were in the car- so me thinking I was cleaver thought hey- we'll just sit in the back end of my car- so I jumped out and got us in the back end and then the wind stirred up and started blowing sand in the car at us so I thought I would just close the back a little bit to protect us- well then the wind blew the door shut completly and there we sat. Luckily I can still jump over the seat and straddle the car seat and get out the door in the back seat- Miley just sat in the back end and looked at me like I was a crazy lady!



Then when we got home we headed out for Miley's first camping trip. The Bears had a tourney in New Prague this weekend so Miley and I went camping with Mom and Dad in Jordan while the team stayed in a hotel. Miley seemed to really like camping. The first night was a bit rough because we were out late due to a 9:00pm game and I think being in her pack and play and not her crib but she slept much better the second night as we were on her regular schedule. She had fun playing with her toys and taking not only one but two baths in the sink! (she was full of poop this weekend!) We discovered that she loves water bottles-- I tried to have her taste water but she doesn't like it at all! Just likes to play with the bottle.








Funny story—on Saturday afternoon we went out to eat with Kelsey and Meghann since the games got behind due to one going into 15 innings so we put Miley in a highchair at the restaurant for the first time because she is doing SOO well at sitting all by herself--- well- she was just hanging out and all of a sudden got a little fussy and our food hadn’t come yet so I was going to take her out until our food came- as I was pulling her out we noticed why she was so fussy—she had poop ALL OVER her leg and shorts and it was all on the seat of the highchair- got on the floor- just everywhere! It was SUCH a mess!!!! Mom grabbed her and ran to the bathroom and I grabbed the diaper bag and chased after her then we stood in the bathroom and just looked at each other wondering what the heck to do!!! We finally figured it out and got her all cleaned up and the highchair cleaned off too! Thank goodness for Clorox bleach wipes that I keep in the diaper bag!!!! It was pretty comical! You should have seen the faces on the innocent bystanders in the restaurant! I just laughed my head off!!!! And the best part- just before that Kelsey and Meghann were saying that they would want a baby if it could be as good and easy as Miley is--- after that happened I think they are thinking twice now! LOL!!

Here is Miley sitting in her chair before her accident! And also Meghann and Kelsey's HUGE plate of Nachos!!!!



And here are just some pictures for you to enjoy. Miley in her pretty dress, Miley with her cousin Dylan and his friend Jordan, Me and Miley, and the last one Mom says Miley looks just like her Great Grandma Barb when she was a baby.





Miley is growing like a weed and learning new things each day! She is just so much fun and such a good baby! Have I mentioned that I just LOVE being a Mommy and I just love her to pieces!!!

No comments: