Thursday, November 19, 2009

26 Week Check Up

I had my 26 week check up yesterday, it seemed like forever since I had been there as they let me go 6 weeks in between visits. My tummy is measuring 26 weeks exactly, blood pressure was awesome, slight weight gain but I was quick to remind them that it had been 6 weeks since my last weigh in and they say- Oh yes, then that gain of 8 pounds is right on, so that puts me at 17 pounds…ho-hum… Not too shabby- but I still have 14 weeks left and would prefer that number to not get any higher than 30, especially since I’m not retaining water, so that 17 pounds is all me and baby—well… and all the extra fluid your body naturally holds, extra blood, ahem- bigger chest, etc. The best part about my appointment is that I had my Glucose test and I PASSED!!! YEAH!!! WOO HOO!!!
The down fall…. I start going every other week already!!!! SERIOUSLY… are we already at this point! WOW… I am going to feel like I live there before too long, especially now because I was there twice this week, have to bring Miley back next week, then I go again the following week… WOW!

And the sad news…. As it stands right now, no children under the age of 5 are allowed on the OB floor! That means Miley isn’t able to come and visit at all while we are in the hospital! That is going to make it very hard I think! My doctor, who had her 2nd child four months after I had Miley and is now due to have her 3rd four months after I have this baby, said that when her 2.5 year old came to visit and meet the 2nd baby she said he was interested for about a minute and then was into everything and running all around the room being curious and it stressed her out more than anything and plus it gave her and her husband some time to really focus and bond with the brand new baby. So- if the rules don’t change come February…. Just note…. No children under the age of 5 can come and visit Me or Jackie when we have our babies. I’ll make sure to put out the word though if I hear that it changes.

5 comments:

Kim Sjoquist said...

Do you think that those rules would change before baby comes? that stinks...however, when I had Chloe, I could have done without my kids hanging around. Luke was very into Chloe, but Ashlyn got bored and instigated a lot of activity that was loud and unnecessary. LOL. Where do you doctor?

Mindi Kay said...

My Dr. said that things COULD change come Feb. I'm wondering if it is because of all the cold and flu stuff that is going around and kids under 5 aren't really that good at covering their cough and keeping their hands clean. I doctor at Red Wing.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the weight gain starts to slow down at the end of your pregnancy! :)

Marie

CBSjoquistfamily said...

Hey which of the OB doctors are pregnant. They are probably due just before me. I'm guessing it's not Deluca :) or dr. Nelson...

Mindi Kay said...

Jana Brand is due in June- just like you. :)