Thursday, November 05, 2009

Potty Time!!

So- like everything else, Miley decided that she wanted to stop wearing diapers and be a big girl and go potty on the potty chair all on her own. We weren’t planning on starting this process until this weekend but two weekends ago she said she was ready. We are coming to the end of week two now and she is doing quite well. I can’t say that we have had a perfect day without a single accident but we are down to maybe 2-3 accidents a day, and she doesn’t wake up dry overnight (that’s what overnight pull ups are for), she has good days and bad days, but that’s to be expected. Our biggest issue right now really isn’t her fault- she has had loose stool and/or diarrhea for several weeks now and is usually pretty good at getting to the potty on time, but that’s even hard for an adult, sometimes you have to sprint to the bathroom and sometimes we just don’t make it in time. I’m waiting on results today from her lab sample test to see if we can figure out what the problem is as this has just been going on too long. Hopefully we can get that under control and then the accidents will be few and far between.

My biggest surprise with this process was on Halloween, we put her in a pull up just in case and as we were trick or treating out to Uncle Theron’s house she said she had to go potty- so I quickly stripped off her costume and we made it! Then 10 minutes later she had to go #2 and we stripped it off again and made it! She stayed dry the entire time we were out trick or treating! She seems to really only have accidents if she gets busy playing in her room or with Landon at Grandma’s house and realizes she has to go a few seconds too late. But hey, that’s what this learning process is all about. But we are on the right path here and we won’t have two kids in diapers! We are very excited about that! And plus, trying to teach her how to go on the potty with a newborn in the house I think would be a nightmare, so I’m glad we are doing this now.

I need to get pictures off of my camera but we’ve been super busy lately. We signed Miley up for the next session of ECFE because she loves it so much, this session will run into December and then we have a couple week break due to the Holiday’s and then I plan on signing her up for the Just for Kix Mommy and Me dance class! I am very excited about that! She LOVES to dance right now and play dress up and copy me when I do dance moves so I think she is going to LOVE dance class. I’m not sure what night that will fall on, but hopefully not the same night as ECFE. It is just crazy to think that at 2 years old she will have two evening activities but I think allowing her experiences will be good for her, especially when the baby comes so she can have some one-on-one time to do things she loves.

No comments: