Friday, November 20, 2009

A Night at Home

Well- last night I decided that Miley just needed a night at home. We were supposed to go to ECFE but when she started to put on her crabby pants during dinner and refused to eat anything I had decided I had had enough and we were staying home and I’d bring ECFE to her! I asked her if she wanted to do projects at home and she got VERY excited!! So- we first started out doing a Thanksgiving project. Now- some background, Happy Thanksgiving is quite the mouthful for a toddler to say so instead I taught her to say Happy Turkey! It’s supposed to be Happy Turkey Day but sometimes she forgets the Day part because Happy and Turkey are so fun to say. So, I found some foam letters that spelled out Happy and she glued them onto her paper. I wrote Turkey and then she went to town coloring her picture and gluing gems onto it. And to make it festive I decided to get really crafty and make a Turkey out of pipe cleaners!! Hey- Miley thought it was very pretty.



Then I remembered that we had two wooden ornaments that she picked out from Joann’s several weeks ago along with green and purple glitter pant so I got those out and she ‘finger’ painted them, as I couldn’t find where our paint brushes went. She was VERY proud of her ornaments, I can’t wait to see her face when we tell her she can hang them on the Christmas tree next weekend!


After crafts she took a bath to get all of the glue and paint off of her and as we were heading back to the living room she saw a commercial about Playdoh and apparently Landon has taught her how to watch a commercial and say she wants “That Too” for Christmas! So, we pulled out the playdoh and then finally she was hungry for supper! She ate well, and well enough that I thought it would be fun to bake cookies. Once the cookies were done we had a little snack and then we both went to bed early. It really ended up being a wonderful night at home for just her and I. I think we needed that. It seems like we’ve been on the go so much lately that we haven’t had time to just sit down, relax and bond. I think we will do the same again tonight when Daddy gets home. I’m thinking it sounds like the perfect evening for Movie and Popcorn night!!!

No comments: