Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Potty- Break...

Well, sad to say, but hopefully not for too long, we are taking a Potty break. Miley has now been 3 weeks of solid potty learning to now 3 weeks of preferring to Not go on the potty. And I guess I can’t really blame her, she went so many weeks of having tummy issues, then a cold, and then whatever last week was. So, we decided we are going to let her take a break and not pressure her or stress about it because we know she’s not even 2 yet. We are, however, going to keep pull-ups on her during the day, just so we aren’t reverting completely back to diapers and she is now learning how to pull her own pants up and down so I wanted to keep that going and she calls the pull ups her panties and does get excited to wear them. She hasn’t stopped going completely as she does seem to go maybe once or twice a day so we just make sure we celebrate those times when she chooses to go. And she is staying dryer longer so I know she is understanding control and tells me she is going right before she goes or as she is going so making it to the potty has been the difficult part the past two weeks.
So, anyway, we are hoping that maybe taking the pressure off of her for a little bit she will revert back into wanting to do it all by herself again like when she first started. We still ask her every so often, or when I go I tell her I’m going to the potty do you want to go too? Sometimes she says yes and other times she says no. She of course likes going at other people’s houses and restaurants, so that’s good I guess. And at night, for now, we are just using up the diapers we have at home, figured I spent the money on those I might as well use them instead of buying overnight pull ups, which tend to be pretty expensive. And really, she doesn’t even know the difference right now.

I’m also thinking that once things start to settle down a little bit she will snap back into it. With the nice weather there has been outside time to play, errands to run, places to go, people to see and sometimes I feel like we are Out more than we are home so as soon as the weather starts to turn cold and we begin our winter hibernation I think she will snap back into it.

No comments: