Thursday, January 03, 2008

Dr. Appointment- 39 weeks 6 days

I had my appointment this morning.

She said the baby is REALLY low and I have thinned out even more- she didn't give me any numbers but said I've made progress in those areas- but I'm still dilated to 1cm. She said that is VERY common in first time mothers- they thin out before they dilate- for mothers who have had children already seem to dilate first and then thin out second. So I'm falling right in line with what the textbooks say.

So- if I don't have her by Thursday the 10th I have an appointment at 3:00 and at that time they will see where things are and decide what kind of medication they will give me to induce me on Friday the 11th. SO- at least there is an official end in sight and we know that no matter what- we will have a baby next weekend. Hopefully we'll go sooner- but if not- I know that that is God's plans.

It's just so weird to think back to November when I was nervous about having a pre-term baby and now I'm posting about a possible induction and sitting here with no baby the day before my due date. But- God must know that we really want nursing to work and I know the longer she stays in there the better we both should be at it.

So- if anyone is bored this weekend or is going to be running errands or anything and wants some company- call me- I could use a good walk. Or just some company- or some people to come and play some games.... we'll be around.

2 comments:

Robby and Michelle said...

Hi Mindi,
We are anxiously waiting for that little girl to arrive as well! Be patient though, she will come when the time is right. She is a lucky little girl to have such excited and loving parents to greet her when she arrives. Keep us posted in the days ahead.
We love you all,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Happy Due Date! Just think it's really any day now--- Hopefully you have this girl before I leave for Philadelphia next week, but if not, I'll be sure to bring her home a little present!
- auntie shelly