Sunday, January 06, 2008

ITS A GIRL!


Miley Kay was able to bless us with her presence at 11:29pm on Jan. 5th 2008!
She was 8lbs 2oz and 19 1/2 inches long.

We entered the hospital at about 6:30pm not knowing what to expect. Mindi was checked immediately and she was dilated to 3cm. She then decided to take a bath for about 45 minutes and she was checked again after that and she was then dilated to 4cm. She then asked for the epideral and by the time she got that she had dilated to 7 or 8cm. She was expecting to rest after that but she was totally wrong. About 20 minutes after receiving the epideral she had already fully dilated and was ready to have the baby. When it came time to push the epideral had kicked in and Mindi was smiling up a storm cracking jokes and asking to get the TV channel changed. (I wanted football on, she wanted Hannah Montana, she won that decision!) It only took about a half hour to 45 minutes of pushing until Miley was ready to show us her face! (The nurse made me watch although I had sworn that I wouldn't, I am glad I watched though!)
Miley is doing great, Mindi is doing great, and I am loving the entire experience. We love the visitors and are planning to head home either late afternoon on Monday, or early Tuesday morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a doll! And Taylor, you are a journalist in the making. What a great addition you made to the blog- I loved it!
Congratulations to the both of you. Please keep the blog going so I can see Miley grow!

Marie

Anonymous said...

She was beautiful!!! So glad she's healthy and Mindi is feeling good. What an exciting time! I'll visit at home! Love to you all.

Bekki Lou

Nate and Jamie Sommer :) said...

Congrat's you two!!!
we are very happy for you :)
Welcome to the world of Parenting :)
God's Blessings on your new bigger Family!
Nate,Jamie,Gavin & Reed Sommer

Robby and Michelle said...

Yeah!! What a beautiful little girl!! I can't wait to see her in person. You two are going to be awesome parents and we wish you the very best. We are always here for you if you ever need anything.
Much love to you all!!!
Michelle

Kim Sjoquist said...

Oh, you guys, she is just beautiful. I got to see pictures from Bonnie & Clinton too. I am so excited for you!! Congrats!!!