Sunday, January 27, 2008

Week 3 with Miley Kay

Week 3 with Miley went well. I have now finally tried out all three ways to nurse- I started out with the football hold, eventually tried out the regular hold and this past week tried out the lay down feed which I have now figured out is the BEST way to nurse during the night. She eats much more efficiently- she's quicker, gets more and falls asleep much easier again.

She had her first really fussy night on Friday night- since this really was the first time she had been like this it really got to me- Taylor wasn't home yet from conferences and she was screaming and I just couldn't make her happy so I had to call my mom and dad to come over to help me- they walked in the door- I passed her off and shut myself in the bathroom for a few minutes to cool down. I can't imagine people who are single parents and don't have a support system of family and friends to help them out- I think I would have gone crazy if I didn't have mom and dad so close by and a husband to be there for me at the drop of a hat.

We finally got some pictures of Miley in her bath tub! She LOVES her baths! She only gets a little bit fussy when her bath is over and we take her out of the tub to dry her off.


We had our first outing this weekend when we went to go watch Taylor play basketball- I guess I thought it would be a little bit easier to take her out but I shouldn't have thought that- she is only 3 weeks old! I had to nurse 3 times in the gym and once at Chuggers! I know- Chuggers! But it was either go into a warm building or sit in a cold car.... and when she is crying because she is hungry- I just didn't even care anymore and ran in and tucked myself behind all of Taylor's friends and got it taken care of. But going out sure did wear her out! We got 8 hours of sleep! She gave me two four hour shifts and it was AWESOME- plus a nap today! So I'm feeling well rested!

Taylor gave Miley her first bottle of breastmilk today and it went GREAT! She didn't even put up a fit at all- she took it right away without a fuss- it took some getting use to but by the time her bottle was coming to an end she was figuring out the difference in the swallowing part. I even got to sit right next to Taylor and she kept on feeding- and a few hours later it was time to eat again and she latched on to me with no problem- so I think we've got that all figured out and I feel good knowing that if I had to run an errand now I can and I know she can take her bottle if she needs it.



Pictures of her first doctors appointment to come hopefully tomorrow....

No comments: