Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week 2 with Miley

Week 2 with Miley went great- we are adjusting to each other quite well and kind of slowly getting into a schedule. She usually goes to sleep around 11 or 12- that is- after she naps from 8 or 9 until 10- eats and then has her awake time. Then she has been sleeping 3-5 hours overnight, which is pretty good. Then our day consists of eating some more, napping, watching TV (well, I watch TV), getting dressed, having our daily visit from Nana on her lunch break which is SO great because I can get a lot done and eat lunch myself while she is here, and then we take our afternoon nap until Daddy gets home.

Here are some pictures of Miley hanging out....








Miley with her new friend Kathrine Stay...


And Miley with Joey


She is growing and changing every day- she has gotten longer and stronger. We have her first doctor appointment tomorrow so we'll see how long she is and how much she weighs- I'm sure she has hit that 9 pound mark for sure- but she isn't chunky at all, she has long legs as you can see in a picture of above, so her weight is well distributed. She is nursing very well and this week I have to start pumping a couple times a day and we will introduce a bottle of breast milk this week so we can make sure she will take a bottle when I go back to work. I'm nervous to do this but I am sure she will take it well as she really likes her paci and she has been a good nurser since day one. Taylor will give her her bottle with me out of the room- that will be hard for me to be away while she eats for the first time- but I have to, they say that if I'm even in the room she won't want to take it because she will sense me in there so Taylor will have to fend for himself.

I'll update soon with how her appointment turns out tomorrow. Have a good week and STAY WARM!

No comments: