Tuesday, January 01, 2008

World's Longest Labor...

Man, I feel like this labor is taking forever to actually happen. I've had 3 days in a row now that I wake up at 5:30am with contractions and they start at least 5 minutes apart and then eventually go to 6-8 minutes and then vanish around 9:00am. All New Years Eve I was having contractions sporadically throughout the day- the good contractions- full on cramping kind and I had a feeling I'd be going in to the hospital today, New Years Day, well- woke up at 5:30 and the contractions were coming on strong, full uterus tightening with full on lower cramping and right into the back- and then they just stopped at 9:00am. How frustrating, I had gone to bed at 2:30- due to New Years and then was woke up at 5:30- I guess it's a good thing I've been able to sleep alot over the weekend because I keep loosing out on sleep with these contractions. So- I just feel like I've been in early labor for 3 days now, so anytime that it actually wants to pick up and transition into active labor would be good for me, because it's just kind of getting to me- I'm TOTALLY ready to see this little girl- and she's giving me stretch marks as she keeps packing on the weight.... what us women sacrafice to have children- I tell ya! :)

So- tomorrow- it's either back to work for both Taylor and I or a trip to the hospital, guess we'll see what happens over night here. My biggest concern is what if at 5:30am I start contracting again... I'd hate to have Taylor miss out on work- especially being a teacher on the first day back, just to have them stop at 9:00am.... guess we'll just see what tomorrow morning brings, I pray that they come on FAST and STRONG early early this morning and we only have to labor at home for 1 hour or less and we can just meet our little girl tomorrow, we are starting to get ansy!

I had to run up to the clinic here yesterday, I was cleaning my ears on Sunday and pushed the q-tip to far in my ear and anything I could have gotten out got pushed back way in there and I totally lost all my hearing in my right ear for 24 hours- so I went up and got it flushed out, now I can hear! WOW! But anyway- the point to the story is that my blood pressure had jumped alittle- I know the top number was 117 and I thought she said over 99- could be wrong- but last week the top number was 104- I know 117 is still PERFECT- but for me- it is just a bit higher and I guess when I look at these pictures here my face is starting to look a little chubbier- my cheeks look squishy! But my ankles are still looking ok- so I can't be carrying too much extra fluid.




My next appointment is on Thursday the 3rd. Guess we'll see if I make it or not, if I do, we are scheduling an induction date.... I just hope I can go into labor before that- I really don't feel like being overdue!

3 comments:

Heidi Sue said...

Don't worry about your blood pressure. 117 is just great and I'm sure she didn't say 99 or she would have rechecked it a little later. Probably 79 or something around there. Getting that plump/puffy look at the end is totally normal. When I was getting filled out in the face at the end all the girls at work would say "it looks like you're getting ready to go into labor". It's a sure sign your at the end. Try not to get to anxious because it will happen all in good time. If it doesn't, you can get induced and it's not the end of the world. Many people go 41 weeks and that's okay. That's average. If I were you, I would schedule the induction for the 14th unless they do inductions on the weekend too. Then I would do the 12th or 13th. Hang in there, go out to eat or to a movie and relax. Try to get your mind off of labor and it will probably happen. If you think/stress about it too much it will take forever. A watched pot never boils!

Love ya,
Heidi Sue

Mindi Kay said...

It is nice that I still have work to go to every day- that really helps keep my mind off of things. And right now I've been playing Dr. Mindi trying to get Taylor healthy again- he caught that nasty cold that is going around so I've been feeding him Sudafed and rubbing Vics on him at night and making him drink tons of OJ- I'd hate to have him wear a mask around his baby- that wouldn't be very much fun. :(

Anonymous said...

OH!!! I think the 14th is a great date!!!! :) Hang in there!!Love, Jodi