Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Miley's first week

Well, little Miley has a new nickname- Miss Piggy! She sure enjoys to eat! We went and weighed in again yesterday and she was 8lbs 9.5oz! The nurse said they look for 1/2 to 1 oz in weight gain per day, well Miley gained 7 ounces in 4 days! She doesn't look porky at all though- I think she got a little longer already- so she is the perfect little Angel that I always wanted! Hopefully since she is such a good eater now she will continue to be as she grows up. OK-- well- we won't really call her Miss Piggy- she won't appreciate that when she is older- so we call her Smiley Miley- she is FULL of smiles for us every day- I don't care if its gas or not- I just LOVE it when she smiles at me, she does the cute little smile and sometimes the open mouth big smile. She is going to take after her mom and dad for sure when it comes to smiling-- Fun Fact- did you know that both me and Taylor were voted Sweetest Smile in high school.



Well- new things- her cord finally fell off yesterday which is exciting, now we don't have to worry about that anymore and we can finally put her in some of the cute little outfits that we have! We've been really good at listening to the nurses and keeping her in just a t-shirt so her cord could air out as much as possible so we haven't put her in a onesie yet. She is going to get all dressed up today for Daddy so when he comes home from work she'll be in her first official 'outfit' just for him!

Last night Miley slept for 4 hours through the night which was really nice, and then she was only up for an hour and a half until she fell back asleep again, the night before it was only 3 hours of sleep and up for 2 hours and another 3 hours and up for another 2 hours-- I was tired yesterday. Today, I'm feeling pretty well rested, she has been napping for awhile now and I couldn't fall asleep with her so I figured it was a good time to update everyone on here!

Well- she is starting to wake up a little bit and I need to get dressed for the day- so I'll leave you with a picture of what my little Miley is doing right now- her favorite thing- napping on her boppy......

No comments: