Sunday, December 16, 2007

37 Weeks

OK- so I thought maybe this weekend was going the be THE weekend... but it wasn't. Maybe sometime this week?? HUMM... if she wants to experience her first Christmas this year she'll have to come this week, or maybe she's hanging out to be the first baby of the New Year. I don't go to the doctor until Wednesday so now I have to sit and wait until I can figure out if I have progressed or not.

Friday- since I offically made it to the SAFE SAFE zone I thought I would start back in slowly on my work out routine. My legs were starting to feel weak after being told for over a month to not do anything, so I started walking on the treadmill again, 1/2 mile each day and then some simple leg lifts of sorts to build that muscle up again so I can push this baby out. Well- I had a TON of contractions Friday night after I went for my walk and by the time I went to bed I had 2 that were MUCH stronger and more painful ones then I had ever experienced, I thought- OH MAN- here we go... and then that was it.

Saturday- I didn't have as many contractions but a lot of pinching and pains in my cervix area. So it just makes me curious to see if I have now dilated more or not.

Sunday- just normal sporadic contractions and that's pretty much it. So I guess I'll be going to work tomorrow. :( I'm SO looking forward to have 6 weeks off, I really hope she comes sooner then later- if I have her during Taylor's Christmas break from school then 1) he doesn't have to take any PTO and 2) he gets to be home with me longer as he has off from December 24-January 1- that would be so nice to have him home for 2 weeks with me instead of just a week or a few days (we aren't sure how many he is going to take up front, but he is taking off week 7 to stay home with her on his own).

Here I am at 37 weeks- I think I can really tell that I dropped- and they say that towards the end you could not look as big as the baby gets lower into your pelvis, I think I look smaller now then I did at 35 weeks. What do you think?

37 Weeks



Just to compare the side view- here was me at 35 weeks....


I'll let you all know on Wednesday night what happens at the doctor. Until then- have a nice week!

2 comments:

Angie and Kyle said...

No need to rush, Mindi! Each week that baby stays in there is another boost to her development. Be patient! She'll be here soon!

I can't help but giggle just a little bit that you're excited to have two weeks "off." I remember thinking the same thing, but quickly realized I wasn't on vacation!

You have so much to look forward to! I can't wait to meet your precious little girl. Just relax and take in these last days and weeks of your pregnancy!

Love,
Angie

Anonymous said...

I think she's waiting to be born on her Grandma Pagel's birthday. Or maybe her great aunt Jodi's birthday...Jan. 14th! (Just kidding!)

Love, Jodi