Tuesday, December 25, 2007

38 Weeks

Well, Still pregnant.

If you read down at my previous posts you'll see that we thought we might have had the Christmas Eve baby. I woke up at 5am on Monday morning with some much stronger contractions then I had ever had before. They started right off the bat at 3 minutes apart. I had remembered in my classes that they said that you'll probably labor at home for awhile and during that time they said to try to get some rest in between contractions and make sure you eat some small meals and drink plenty of fluid. So, it being that it was 5am and we didn't make it to bed until midnight the night before we got out Taylor's laptop and went to the contraction master online where you just have to hit space bar to keep track of your contractions and we laid in bed trying to get in a little bit more rest. Shortly they turned from 3 minutes apart to 5-8 minutes apart by hour 2. But then they started getting stronger and laying in bed was just not comfortable anymore so I got up and went into the nursery to rock in the rocking chair. Then they stretched out to 5-10 minutes apart and then by 8:30 they seemed to be stopping. I thought maybe they were just taking a little break so I took the opportunity to jump in the shower because I wanted to be clean when we went to the hospital and by the time I got out I didn't have anymore.

So, since then they have just been off and on but not very strong, mostly just similar to the pre-term ones I was having. I know its not my due date but for those of you who had pregnancies where you never contracted until you went into labor, or for some people had a doctor's appointment and they told you you were contracting and you didn't even know it, well, I just don't think you understand how frustrating it can be to contract all the time. I mean, I've been doing this now for 8 weeks. I know Heidi went through this too so I know she knows where I'm coming from- but it is frustrating. It's not very comfortable when you contract and it gives you a false sense of hope. And don't get me wrong, I know I should cherish these last few days of pregnancy, and I am, I'm just saying that these contraction things are just getting really annoying. So- I guess we'll just keep playing the waiting game and hopefully she'll come out soon. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow evening so I'll let you know how that goes.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

38 Week Belly Shots.....


1 comment:

Kim Sjoquist said...

Mindi - that is the best photo...make sure that the bottom photo goes in the baby book!!! LOL