Thursday, December 27, 2007

Still awake....

Well-- this has been an interesting evening. I have slept about 1 hour. I've been contracting ALL NIGHT LONG- I'm just waiting for them to get stronger. I don't really know what is going on, I guess they do say that this first stage of labor can take quite awhile so I'm trying to be patient and I've been up walking around and doing the stairs in between trying to get some rest, I called down to the hospital and they said to call and come down as soon as I start not being able to talk through the contractions anymore.

So- I'm on hour 7 right now of laboring at home, is this normal?

Here we go again.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is good advice, Mindi. I agree that once you can no longer talk through a contraction that it's time to go in. I remember on my way to the hospital telling Chris not to talk to me because I'd lose my train of thought after having a contraction.

Hang in there and try taking a walk even though it's probably the last thing you want to do right now. The fresh air might be good for you and the excercise, who knows, might just cause your body to speed up the process!

Marie