Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Good Dr Appointment!

Well- all of these contractions have actually done something now! Ok- I thought I was 75% effaced before but I misread what they wrote, I guess I was only 25% effaced as of last week-- well- in 1 weeks time I went from 25% to now 75%! I'm still only 1 cm dilated but he said that is very common with first time mom's that they thin out before they dilate. The BIGGEST thing is that I am sitting at +1 station- he said no wonder why you are uncomfortable, her head is right there! He said he has delivered thousands of babies and he doesn't see that very often that you are at +1 before you are in active labor. I was very happy to hear that something is actually going on down there now! Finally! He pushed back my membranes- which was painful- but it was pain that was for a good cause so I didn't mind. He said its like releasing some of the gummy stuff that keeps you from dilating- he thought that might help things along.

Taylor was able to come to the appointment and he asked him if he could make an educated guess what he thought for possibly a timeline- we were surprised when he said he could see it happening within 48 hours! Since I had been contracting all day long and I made some real progress over the last week he said it should be any day now. Although he can't say for sure because if he could write a perscription that says that he'd be the best doctor in the world- but he said he would be very surprised if I made it to my appointment next week, but I do know that it COULD happen- we just aren't going to think about that right now though. THINK POSITIVE! SO-- now we are just hoping the contractions keep on coming- they have been so far, and we went out to eat at Taco John's- thought that the spicy food couldn't hurt any! :) So- maybe the next time I post I'll be letting you know we are on our way.... keep your fingers crossed for us!

3 comments:

Heidi Sue said...

BE PATIENT!

Striping your membranes may make you quite uncomfortable with cramps that aren't doing much to your cervix, so be careful what you ask for. It will happen, I promise! You're still 17 days away from the average first time mom's delivery time-frame, so relax and enjoy the ride.

I'm excited too though and can't wait for the call! I know it's hard especially when you're this close.

Love you!
Heidi Sue

Mindi Kay said...

I didn't ask for him to do it, he just did... I don't really know anything about that whole process... It's all new to me...

Anonymous said...

Mindi,
Everyone's body is different, but FYI- when my doctor stripped my membranes, I had Lauren the next day! I was fortunate to not have many hours of minor contractions. Mine started very strong from the get-go and six hours later I had Lauren! I'm hoping things will progress quickly for you. Get some sleep!!

Marie