Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Baby?

OK-- I'm writing this in between contractions right now, kind of gets my mind off of the pain and helps me focus on something different for a few minutes.

I woke up at 5am with some contractions- I thought to myself, these are probably just the same contractions I've been having that haven't done anything, so I just tried to go back to sleep. But then a big one hit me at 6am, my lower back started killing me and my right leg started to have cramps in it and these contractions were getting a LOT stronger then what I typically had.

So- anyway, it is now 8:15am- I'm sitting in the nursery in the rocking chair because laying down was making things worse. They were every 3 minutes there for almost an hour, then I was able to kind of take a little tiny cat nap and now they are ranging between 5-10 minutes apart. There is a neat little thing online called a contraction master, it takes all the dummy work out of keeping track of your contractions, its a big clock and you just go to the website and when you have a contraction you hit the space bar and when its over you hit space bar again, it will then log for you the time the contraction started, how long it was, and the time between that one and the one before it. www.contractionmaster.com Coolest thing ever.

Anyway... I'll try to keep you updated, but for now, I'm just saying- I don't think anyone is going to win the Guess the Due Date and I think she just might be our Christmas Angel. Christmas was Grams' favorite holiday, maybe she is watching over us right now and knows that we all could use a little Angel with us this time of the year.

Christmas might be celebrated in the hosptial room this year. By the way- I go to Fairview Red Wing Hospital. We like visitors.

No comments: