Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Our baby is 1 month old already!!!

I can't believe that our little baby is already 1 month old! When they say that kids grow up so quickly I now understand!!

Miley is one smart cookie! Our chiropractor told us that she is already advanced for her age- one of the things she did on Miley she said she can't do anymore because she has such good control of her neck that she will over-ride the procedure on her own. -- So Miley can now do the following- hold her head up when you have her on your shoulder pretty good, she can REALLY follow things with her eyes and head, she is starting to coo at us and she is smiling! She doesn't do it all the time but if you catch her in the right mood and make good eye contact with her she will give you a smile. We make time every night to work on these things and she loves it! We have noticed that she likes her space. Since the day we came home from the hospital we noticed she HATED having her feet bound up tight in a blanket- which means she HATES my sling, so sad, so we have come to find out that she likes to have her space sometimes and lay flat on the floor to stretch out and look at the world around her. Of course she does like to have her cuddle time too- but I think we are blessed to have a baby that doesn't HAVE to be held ALL THE TIME! That would drive me crazy I think- Mommy needs a little space once in awhile too- like, to go to the bathroom! :)

Miley had her first shopping trip to the mall with Mommy and Nana- she LOVED it! Well- I should say she LOVED her stroller- it put her right to sleep the whole time- but when she did wake up she loved to gaze at all the bright lights. And I want to give a shout out to Macy's- I LOVE the lounge they have in the women's bathroom- such a nice place to sit to nurse a baby.

And Miley went to visit her Daddy at work too! She was a hit! And she loved looking around in Daddy's classroom and laying on the table to check things out.






Well- I was going to add more pictures but Blogger has some errors right now- so I'll have to try again later- she had a blow out yesterday and I got some shots of the mess I had to clean up that went all the way up her back... So- until then...

No comments: