Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Conversations with a 2 year old

Miley has really come to understand her feelings now and being able to express them. For example, Monday, here are two of the conversations we had:

Me, calling out to Grandma's

Me- "Hi Miley"

Miley- "Hi Mommy, I miss you"

OK- talk about melt your heart, this was the first time she has ever said that without me asking her if she missed me. So sweet.

Then, on the flip side, that same day, coming home from Grandma's. She prefers to walk into the house by herself. As I was juggling my purse, lunch bag, her bag, the mail and her blanket and trying not to slip on the ice as I do my pregnant waddle to the door, Miley decided she wanted to play in the snow. I told her we needed to go inside first as she can't play in the snow in her Ugg boots and with no snow pants on. After trying to ask her nicely to come inside I ended up just picking her up and bringing her inside.

Me- "I'm sorry Miley but we can't play outside in the snow right now, Mommy is in her work clothes and you aren't dressed warm enough to play in the snow"

Miley- with her hands on her hips, " I'm MAD at you!" and throws her glove at me!

Trying not to laugh at her I said, "Then you just be mad and let me know when you are done" and within five minutes she wanted to snuggle with her mommy. :)

No comments: