Friday, January 08, 2010

Miley is 2!!!

Yes- that’s right, Miss Miley Kay is officially 2 years old!! YAHOO!!! This week was FULL of fun events for her, yes, even at 2 years old she didn’t just have a BirthDAY she had a BirthWEEK! And she most certainly knew that all attention was on her this week and she ate it up!

Sunday we had friends and family over for a Little Einstein’s Birthday Party. She was so excited when we decorated the house on Saturday in preparation for the party. I didn’t go overboard but yes, I did get some themed decorations to brighten the place up, which are still all hanging up, hum. We had a delicious lunch, which the Birthday Girl was too excited to eat any of and then it was on to my homemade cake, of which I am VERY proud of myself. (I would consider myself more of a chef than a baker but I proved that day I can do both!) She got some wonderful birthday presents and had a wonderful time.




Playing with Peyton




I don't want to eat lunch I just want to play :(


Singing Happy Birthday


The first of MANY attempts to blow out the candle




FINALLY!


YUMMY!




My Masterpiece! (that is June from Little Einsteins)


Trying to be sneaky and steal some more frosting


PRESENTS!


Check out her sweet leather lazy boy!

Tuesday was her actual birthday and Taylor and I took the day off of work to have a day of fun with her! She got a gift card to Build-a-Bear so we headed to the Mall of America to make a bear. Out of all the cute snuggly animals she could have chosen she headed STRAIGHT for Alvin the Chipmunk! She was adamant that she get him versus any of the other cute animals that we could have then chosen a super cute outfit for. So, we let her get her Alvin and convinced her to at least pick out a pair of shoes for him (Alvin already came equipped with his signature red sweatshirt).

After Build-a-Bear we went to Nickelodeon Universe. We sure got lucky that day, since it was Tuesday we got to take advantage of Toddler Tuesday which the mall has every Tuesday. And since it was her birthday she got a free unlimited ride wrist band, SCORE! They only had rides open to toddlers so it was so calm and peaceful in there, we didn’t have to wait in any lines and Taylor was able to ride with her for free as well as a chaperone. She went on every toddler ride there and had a BLAST! Her face was gleaming with pure excitement.

We then ventured up to third floor to have lunch. Another special treat for Toddler Tuesday is that at 12 participating restaurants toddlers eat free!! I have been CRAVING Bubba Gumps for months so we went there! Miley had on her special Birthday Girl shirt and got a lot of special attention from people all day and it didn’t stop once we got to Bubba Gumps. They had their mascot Shrimp come to our table and say Hello to her and then, after our meal, the entire wait staff came over and sang Happy Birthday to her and had the whole restaurant clap for her and they gave her a special Birthday sundae! She thought this was just the greatest. So, an entire morning at the mall only cost us a few extra dollars at Build-a-Bear and lunch for me and Taylor, talk about a GREAT deal!!

That evening was Miley’s first dance class with Just for Kix. She LOVED it, it is a Mommy and Me class to help introduce her to dance and to learn to follow the teacher.

To continue the fun, Wednesday she got her first haircut at a salon. She did pretty well, a little squirmy but you could tell she felt like a Princess sitting in that barber chair. We didn’t cut too much off, just shaped up the bangs and trimmed the ends to even things out and keep it healthy.

Then, onto Thursday- with the snow storm it took me 2 hours to get home! I sat still on the highway as they cleaned up an accident for 45 minutes. So, since it was almost 6:30 before we got home and I was just exhausted from being in the car that long I told her her Birthday week would continue with her favorite dinner treat- McDonald’s chicken nuggets!

Next Saturday we will be taking her to Sesame Street Live, her birthday present from Taylor and I, I’ll make sure to give a full report after that adventure.

I will upload more pictures of our day at the MOA this weekend. And Thank You to my friend Kelly for the pictures from Miley’s birthday party!

No comments: