Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Things I find amusing:

  1. Earlier in my pregnancy I was a COLD pregnant woman. I would get mad at how hard it was to find cute long sleeve tops for winter as they mostly have ¾ length sleeve and short sleeve and I would ware my fleece pants and thermal long sleeve shirt to bed every night. Now, I find myself standing outside in the blowing snow in a ¾ length sleeve cotton dress trying to cool down and wear short sleeves or tank tops with shorts to bed and still get too hot and have to kick the covers off.

  2. You know how people say they don’t want to get a new puppy during winter as it’s too hard to potty train. I think the same goes for kids!! Miley has good weeks and bad weeks and they ironically seem to coincide with a runny nose and/or cold. Miley has officially been diagnosed with Toddler Diarrhea and she should grow out of it, but that seems to cause her to have runny stool whenever her nose runs, not to mention when you don’t feel good you just don’t feel like putting in the extra effort. I’m THANKFUL she only gets mini colds, she’s pretty healthy, but MAN… this whole potty training/learning deal is a lot more work than I was expecting it to be. I think we’ll just continue to let her go when she wants to go and really buck down maybe when I’m on maternity leave or this spring when hopefully the runny nose will be gone for awhile!

  3. Monday night Taylor offered to cook dinner! He decided on making gourmet looking grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. But what was the only thing I could stomach- a bowl of Raisin Bran. And what did Miley want… Salsa. I felt bad for him- he went through all the work and he was the only one to enjoy it. Taylor- your effort was greatly appreciated!

  4. How excited Taylor gets when I start talking about fixing/changing/renovating our house. His eyes light up much like Tim Taylor from Tool Time! Apparently “we will have fun talking about it tonight!” What is it that I want to change in our house…. It’s a secret until it happens. :)

  5. How excited I get for my weekly appointments at the doctor even though I know I’ll more than likely come home disappointed. With this being my second child I know better than to get my hopes up that they will tell me at my 36 week appointment that he’s at a 0 station and I’m 50-75% effaced and dilated to a 3, as you can tell this is what I WANT to hear at my appointment but in every effort to keep me from having a melt down after my appointment I’m going to go in expecting to hear that I am MAYBE ½ cm dilated, 25% effaced and he’s still at a -2 station.

So, on that note, you’ll have to come back tomorrow to see if I was disappointingly right, or happy that I got what I WANT! Fingers still crossed though, for good measure!


No comments: